created by :
Septian Prima Rusbariandi / 11208153
Faculty of Economy, Department Management
Exercise 10: Subject-Verb Agreement
- John, along with twenty friends is planning a party.
- The picture of the soldiers brings back many memories.
- The quality of these recording is not very good.
- If the duties of these officers aren’t
reduced, there will not be enough time to finish the project.
- The effects of cigarette smoking have been proven to be extremely harmful.
- The use of credit cards in place of cash has increased rapidly in recent years.
- Advertisements on television are
becoming more competitive than ever before.
- Living expenses in this country, as well as in many others, is at an all-time high.
- Mr. Jones, accompanied by several members of the committee, has
proposed some changes of the rules.
- The levels of intoxication vary from subject to subject.
Exercise 11: Subject-Verb Agreement
- Neither Bill nor Mary is going to the play tonight.
- Anything is better than going to another the play tonight.
- Skating is
becoming more popular every day.
- A number of reporters were at the conference yesterday.
- Everybody who has
a fever must go home immediately.
- Your glasses were
on the bureau last night.
- There were
some people at the meeting last night.
- The committee has already reached a decision.
- A pair of jeans was in the washing machine this morning.
- Each student has answered the first there questions.
- Either John or his wife makes breakfast each morning.
- After she had perused the material, the secretary decided that everything was in order.
- The crowd at the basketball game was wild with excitement.
- A pack of wild dogs has frightened all the ducks away.
- The jury is
trying to reach a decision.
- The army has eliminated this section of the training test.
- The number of students who have withdrawn from class this quarter is appalling.
- There have been too many interruptions in this class.
- Every elementary school teacher has to take this examination.
- Neither Jill nor her parents has seen this movie before.